Tour WWII History in Sidney
Half a century after Fort Sidney closed, Sidney again became home to a major military facility. The Sioux Army Depot, built in 1942, held equipment and ammunition. Located six miles west and two miles north of Sidney, the site once covered 36 square miles. It closed in 1967. Its igloo-shaped ammunition bunkers remain and are accessible through a driving tour.
For more information about Sidney, contact the Cheyenne County Visitors Committee at (866) 545-4030 or visit www.sidneycheyennecountytourism.com.